Now this is a good brother....

Ishpeck

Now this is a good brother....

Postby Ishpeck » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:26 pm

Kalledon

Re: Now this is a good brother....

Postby Kalledon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:19 am

I decked a kid on the bus once cause he wouldn't stop messing with my brother. It was great too cause as soon as I did it he looked at the bus driver and the bus driver just gave him this look like "yeah, you totally had that coming, moron."
Namrok

Postby Namrok » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:31 am

Ah the good old days when we let kids fight it out.
TheDeamon
Site Admin

Postby TheDeamon » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:22 pm

I got into two fights in 7th grade, both were laughable, both were initiated by the other student, and both were from misunderstandings.

One of which consisted of the kid trying to kick me, my catching his foot, and after making him hop after me for several feet, dropping his ass on the ground and bailing. From what I recall of the verbal exchange beforehand it was typical juvenile mouth wagging, it eventually escalated to fighting words from his POV. (Which is odd, considering I remember his opening comment being along the lines of "Hey, I saw your mom kicking a can down the road, and when I asked her what she was doing, she said 'moving'" I don't remember what my verbal response was, but he didn't like it)

The second time I was hit by a flurry of poorly aimed (and ineffective) punches, that ended seconds later when an associate of my older brother(who had since moved on to high school) that happened to be nearby intervened and pulled the other guy off me. He was evidently upset about some smug unspecific comments I made in class that he thought were aimed directly at him after doing well in a competition in math class.

Both times we were caught, we were given lunch room detentions working on the serving line. The other two went on to pursue the life of juvenile delinquents, and actually already had records before our encounters. 3 years later the school district implemented a "zero tolerance" policy where I would have been suspended just for simply being involved. While as a student I probably wouldn't have minded the enforced time off from class, even then, I didn't think that was an appropriate solution path. Kind of like many mandatory sentencing laws out there now.

I can kind of understand where some of it was coming from now, specifically where the school's were trying to protect the Bully in the case of it being the star Quarterback or whatever, but it is still kind of silly.
Ishpeck

Postby Ishpeck » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Dude, if they'd implemented a "zero tolerance" policy in my school, I totally would'a gotten in as many fights as possible. I wanted out of that hell-hole so badly. But I never got expelled even after sending two kids to the ER.