Politics forum

Rotten

Politics forum

Postby Rotten » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:28 pm

We need a politics only forum or else we'll drive people off the site.

Should I move political posts to the Horkthane forum?
Ishpeck

Re: Politics forum

Postby Ishpeck » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:30 pm

Drive who off now?

AFAIK, Grorx won't be driven off by anything but apathy and Ravil doesn't appear to even lurk anymore.

Not that I blame him. It takes so damn many clicks to get to any content whatsoever.
Rotten

Postby Rotten » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:35 pm

Ishpeck wrote:Drive who off now?

AFAIK, Grorx won't be driven off by anything but apathy and Ravil doesn't appear to even lurk anymore.

Not that I blame him. It takes so damn many clicks to get to any content whatsoever.
He (Ravil) was participating on the Battlemech thread. Might be gone for now, for good, or might come back. Would like to see gaming threads and such. I enjoy time away from politics (truth), talking about gaming, painting mechs, stupid links etc.

As for clicks, I don't think it's *that* bad, really.

TD, a forum turns it's lonely eyes to you.
TheDeamon
Site Admin

Postby TheDeamon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:48 am

Ishpeck wrote:Drive who off now?

Well, word of mouth didn't progress things very far it seems, lack of content presents an issue of its own as it provides a lack of incentive to visit. Then again I've been lazy(tm) on my side of that(providing word of mouth) as well, although a large part of that is disaffection with phpbb as a "solution" for general purpose CWAL forum insanity.
TheDeamon
Site Admin

Postby TheDeamon » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:57 am

Rotten wrote:We need a politics only forum or else we'll drive people off the site.

Should I move political posts to the Horkthane forum?
Depending on the content, it could be suited either to the Conference Center or Horkthane(or both, but sadly no forum software I've seen can accommodate that aside from flavors of the karma up/down vote system).

Currently there only seem to be 4 people using this forum to any extent, so it is rather silly to create 4 sub-forums to further subdivide what little content there is to be found here. (As it is, I've been having a hard time justifying the Conference Center, as the least used of the three)

Should enough traffic find its way here, a more specialized forum would be considered, but for the time being it will remain at three. I guess I can see some appeal for a not-fully-public venue like Horkthane for political discussions only, but I'm not fully sold on the idea right now.
Ishpeck

Postby Ishpeck » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:47 am

TheDeamon wrote:.... a large part of that is disaffection with phpbb as a "solution" for general purpose CWAL forum insanity.
Yeah, PHPBB is a terrible medium for our way.

I should just get around to working on a replacement RR that satisfies all the wants.
TheDeamon
Site Admin

Postby TheDeamon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:02 pm

In a moment of silliness I decided to introduce a "Doctor's Office" today. The two forum dwellers currently here that I'm aware of holding advanced degrees have the forum moderation keys to that one to make of it as they will(and bestow the same keys on their fellow "Doctors" as they turn up). I guess it could work as a safe space for some of Lothos' stuff should be ever appear over here. Assuming it doesn't get written off first.
Ishpeck

Postby Ishpeck » Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:32 pm

TheDeamon wrote:In a moment of silliness I decided to introduce a "Doctor's Office" today. The two forum dwellers currently here that I'm aware of holding advanced degrees have the forum moderation keys to that one to make of it as they will(and bestow the same keys on their fellow "Doctors" as they turn up). I guess it could work as a safe space for some of Lothos' stuff should be ever appear over here. Assuming it doesn't get written off first.
Is this supposed to be a forum that Ishy's not supposed to be able to read? I understand excluding me from posting but saving the text from my male gaze is a new level.
TheDeamon
Site Admin

Postby TheDeamon » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:06 pm

You should be able to read it, anyone abke to view Horkthane should. There just isn't anything in there right now.
Ishpeck

Postby Ishpeck » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:06 pm

TheDeamon wrote:You should be able to read it, anyone abke to view Horkthane should. There just isn't anything in there right now.
Then why's it telling me that I have unread messages there?