CPAP/APAP machines

Rotten

CPAP/APAP machines

Postby Rotten » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:25 am

Anyone use one of these? I'm on my 4th night with one.
TheDeamon
Site Admin

Re: CPAP/APAP machines

Postby TheDeamon » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:54 am

No, and I should really see about losing some weight in the next year before US DOT decides I need to be forced to use one.

They can be a mixed bag from people I've known who have used them, an older brother of mine used one for awhile but had his issue surgically corrected.

I know a few other people who were forced into having them who bitch about the buggers waking them up in the middle of the night to force air down their throats. (And that very complaint could be taken two very different ways)
Rotten

Postby Rotten » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:21 pm

TheDeamon wrote:No, and I should really see about losing some weight in the next year before US DOT decides I need to be forced to use one.

They can be a mixed bag from people I've known who have used them, an older brother of mine used one for awhile but had his issue surgically corrected.

I know a few other people who were forced into having them who bitch about the buggers waking them up in the middle of the night to force air down their throats. (And that very complaint could be taken two very different ways)
I tolerate mine pretty well so far, and I do seem more energetic. It's APAP, which is Automatic, rather than continuous... IOW it senses when you stop breathing (or have trouble breathing), and then blasts you with air. My issue with mine is that I can't seem to keep the mask tight enough to stop leaks from my face.

I also have digital hearing aids. I"m almost cybernetic these days.
Ishpeck

Postby Ishpeck » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Rotten wrote:I also have digital hearing aids. I"m almost cybernetic these days.
Please tell me you breathe like Darth Vader.
Rotten

Postby Rotten » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Ishpeck wrote:
Rotten wrote:I also have digital hearing aids. I"m almost cybernetic these days.
Please tell me you breathe like Darth Vader.
Possibly when I have the APAP machine on. I have no idea.
Grorx

Postby Grorx » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:13 am

Doctorb Grorx approves of treating Sleep Apnea. It is Bad for you. And most people feel better once it is treated too.
Ishpeck

Postby Ishpeck » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:15 am

Grorx wrote:Doctorb Grorx approves of treating Sleep Apnea. It is Bad for you. And most people feel better once it is treated too.
There was a long time when Maggott suspected that he had sleep apnea. He spent months talking about it. It was kinda weird. Though tested many times, he was never diagnosed.
Rotten

Postby Rotten » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:58 am

Grorx wrote:Doctorb Grorx approves of treating Sleep Apnea. It is Bad for you. And most people feel better once it is treated too.
I definitely feel more energetic. I don't sleep longer yet, still have adjustment issues, but I do feel more energetic and am exercising more.
Rotten

Postby Rotten » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:23 am

This morning is the best I've felt on the machines, and the best morning I've had in a while.